How long after roasting is coffee at its best?
Watch the beans and listen for the first crack.
- Light Roast: Remove your beans from heat right before the first crack (356°F – 401°F).
- Medium Roast: At the first crack or slightly afterward (410°F-428°F).
- Dark Roast: Right after the second crack, but sometimes longer (437°F – 482°F).
How long does brewed coffee last in the fridge?
- Brewed coffee is freshest in the first 30 minutes after it’s been made.
- On the counter, brewed coffee is safe to drink for up to 12 hours as long as it doesn’t have milk in it.
- Extend the shelf life of your coffee by either pouring it into an insulated container or storing it in the fridge or freezer.
Which is the smoothest coffee?
This is how you do it:
- Fill your coffee maker with the desired amount of water and ground coffee;
- Turn on the coffee maker and let the water flow until it has just wet all the ground coffee;
- Turn the machine off, stir the coffee carefully to wet all the grounds (if necessary);
- Let it sit for 10-20 seconds;
- Turn the machine back on and let the brewing process finish.
How to store coffee to keep it fresh?
With that in mind:
- Choose a cool, dark, dry place, such as in a pantry or cabinet.
- Do not store coffee in the refrigerator or freezer; the humidity can cause moisture to infiltrate the packaging.
- Avoid warm spots, such as above/next to the oven or in cabinets that get hot from exposure to sunlight or cooking equipment.