· After having brewed almost exclusively pour overs with the V60 and the Fellow Stagg [X] in the past few years, I have come to adopt a style of recipes that best suited these drippers in a way that it took me a while to fully understand. Writing my upcoming book The Physics of Filter Coffee forced me to think more deeply about the limitations of these drippers, …
· If you want to know how to brew great pour over coffee, try this article! A brief history of the cuccuma. The cuccuma is a reinvention of the stovetop pot created during the 1800s in France by Jean Baptiste de Belloy, the archbishop of Paris at the time.
· Pouring warm or hot water over coffee is wrong. Unless a specific coffee machine asks you to do this, always put cold water into the water reservoir. The coffee maker will boil the water accordingly as the correct temperature of the water is …
· And over the last year, many of us have learned that making a perfect cup of coffee is just as much an art form as cooking and baking. Luckily for us, we have the experts at Peet’s Coffee to help us our when it comes to pouring a perfect cup.
· Pour over coffee bags. A variation on “standard” coffee bags is the drip coffee bag or pour over coffee bag, which is effectively a single-serve pour over coffee brewer. These first appeared in Japan in the early 1990s, but are now becoming popular with specialty coffee brands around the world.
· While it may be tempting to bring a pour over brewer to make coffee on the go, the list of equipment you need for optimum extraction can get quite long. It often isn’t practical to pack pouring kettles and server jugs, and finding a flat surface to swirl your dripper and keep your coffee bed level may well be impossible out in the great outdoors.
· “Pour the coffee crystals into one pot, and then add the hot water and stir it with a spoon to help the crystals melt.” “The next part takes a little more effort than the regular way of making instant coffee,” Oyama explained, but assured us it’s worth the trouble.
· Most of the pour-over coffee makers in the market focus on functionality rather than usability making it hard for beginners to make a perfect cup without knowing the techniques. That is where Eli comes in – it is a transformable, compact, and automatic pour-over coffee maker designed to make the brewing process easier and the taste more …
· Unlike other coffee books, this one focuses exclusively on coffee—not espresso—and explores multiple pour-over, immersion, and cold-brew techniques on 10 different devices.Thanks to a small but growing number of dedicated farmers, importers, roasters, and baristas, coffee quality is at an all-time high.
· This is a Vietnamese dripper that has similarities to both the French press and a standard pour over filter coffee dripper. Unlike most other drippers, the phin consists of a perforated metal filter (that sits over the drinking vessel), a brewing chamber, an insert that fits over the chamber to tamp the grounds down, and a cap that stores the heat.