Does decaf coffee truly have no caffeine?
The truth is, decaf coffee does actually contain caffeine, however, it is much less than a regular cup of coffee. The decaffeinating process of coffee removes up to 97% of caffeine content. This leaves a small percentage of caffeine in decaf beans. According to USDA regulations and guidelines, decaf coffee should not exceed 0.10% of caffeine.
Is decaf coffee OK to drink while pregnant?
It is therefore perfectly safe to drink decaf coffee when you’re pregnant. Do make it a practice to read your coffee labels though so that on the off-chance that it reads differently, you can always talk to the staff at your favorite barista about the method that was used.
Does decaf coffee taste as good as normal coffee?
There is no reason why decaf coffee should taste anything less delicious than normal caffeine-rich coffee. The decaffeination process does take some of the flavours out, but the processes have evolved so much that you still get an amazing result even after the caffeine has been stripped.
Which is the safest decaf coffee to drink regularly?
- ALLEGRO COFEE Decaffeinated Organic French Roast
- ARCHER FARMS Decaffeinated House Blend
- CARIBOU COFFEE Decaffeinated Caribou Blend
- COMMUNITY COFFFEE Decaffeinated Café Special
- DAZBOG COFFEE Decaffeinated French Roast
- DUNKIN’ DONUTS Decaffeinated Medium Roast
- FOLGERS Decaffeinated Classic
- ILLY Decaffeinated Illy Blend
- KICKING HORSE COFFEE Decaffeinated Dark