How to make the perfect coffee with the Chemex?
Step by Step
- Heat your water to 205 degrees by bringing it to a boil and letting it sit for 30 seconds.
- Unfold the Chemex filter and insert in the top of the brewer, making sure the 3-layered side of the filter is lined up with the pouring spout.
- Pour hot water around the inside of the filter for about 5 seconds. …
- If using pre-ground coffee skip to Step 5. …
What is a Chemex and why is it used?
- Chemex 6-cup brewer
- Square Chemex filter
- 36 grams (5-7 tbsp) Craft Coffee beans
- 600 mL water, plus additional for rinsing
- Pouring Kettle (gooseneck preferred)
- Drinking Mug
- Burr grinder (recommended)
- Scale (recommended)
Is Chemex worth it?
Considering that it’s a once in a long while (until you drop it) investment, a chemex is worth it. The Chemex is a little expensive but to me it is worth it. Besides being a beautiful object, the cone is attached to the server which saves a step for me.
Which home coffee machines make the best coffee?
- Best Coffee Maker Overall: Bonavita 8-Cup Connoisseur ($148 from Amazon)
- Best Value Coffee Maker: Chemex Pour-Over Glass Coffee Maker ($45 from Amazon)
- Best Drip Coffee Maker: Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Drip Coffee Maker ($90 from Amazon)
- Best Splurge-Worthy Coffee Maker: Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Maker ($309 from Amazon)