It is usually played at blitz time controls. Trash-talking and singing may accompany games. The Coffee Chess YouTube channelcelebrates coffeehouse chess. One of its stars is Carl Hyne, who has a US Chess blitz rating of 2124. Hyne is better known as “The Great Carlini.”
For example, does drinking coffee improve chess playing? According to this ChessBase article, caffeine had a 9% positive effect on chess performance in fast time-control games, though losses on time while on caffeine, which apparently slowed players down, were discounted. Is coffee near a chess board or a laptop annoying?
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for creators to get paid. By becoming a Patron of Coffee Chess, not only will you ensure the continuation of posting all these chess games on the channel , you’ll get exclusive benefits like this:
A lot of the videos are shot in California but he’s looking for donations to travel to places like New York ,st Louis chess club etc.. Perhaps Royal Ground coffee in San Francisco? I know they’re based in LA/Santa Monica area for the most part. The home of chess on Reddit.
· This book takes you on a journey through the world of 19th century chess, from the coffee houses and cafés of London, Paris and Berlin through to the great international tournaments of the 1890s, from McDonnell and la Bourdonnais through to Pillsbury and Lasker. From players born in the closing years of the 18th century, to those who, like …
· Today’s photo shows a chess game in the South End near uptown Charlotte. As the smoke stack indicates the building on the right was an old mill site. The mill site houses multiple restaurants, a coffee shop, and retail stores. The building on the left is an apartment complex.
· OK, Maybe it is the Summer of Coffee. After a stellar month of May, gold fell flat on its face in June. Although the yellow metal has tightened things up so far in July, I have not had a gold long on in my trading account in over a month at this point. In all likelihood, the rising Dollar combined with a host of other factors likely threw a …
· Tanitoluwa Adewumi, a 10-year-old in New York, just became the country’s newest national chess master. By Mary Louise Kelly, Karen Zamora & Amy Isackson, NPR, May 11, 2021. … For your daily news, join Suzi on Buy Me a Coffee! …
· “This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say.
· For a few minutes, we sat at my sister-in-law’s coffee shop, out on the sidewalk, and I shot this photo of a chess game. The young fellow with the black mask is one of our numerous nephews. He was just learning to play, which heartened us because normally all he does is lie in his dark bedroom playing video games on his cell phone.
· I wake up and I go to make my coffee. My son is up before me and he is playing Chess. He has beaten me 4 of the last 6 times. I am starting to think he may have me 2 victories, so he does not lose an opponent. I know I started this blog to show the world my love for chess, but now I am regretting going down this rabbit hole.
· Mushroom Chess Board! For my mushroom chess piece set, I first needed to plan out my desired dimensions for each piece. I referred to the chess piece manual and decided to go by the ‘standard’ chess piece set dimensions. The smallest piece (pawn) will have a diameter of 20 mm and I will make them larger as the pieces move up in hierarchy.
· MrBeast Secret Chess Coach LEAKED. This is an overhyped chess game by two low-rated YouTuber chess players, but apparently, there was a $10,000 wager on the line, with reportedly the money going to charity. I think that the comments are instructive, although he sometimes praises mediocre moves.
· A middle school chess club has 5 members: Adam Bradley Carol Dave and Ella. Two students from the club will be selected at random to participate in the county chess tournament. What is the probability that Adam and Ella will be selected?